Reiki (ray-key) is Japanese for ‘universal life energy, and is also a word used to describe a system of natural healing. Reiki is a holistic treatment and shares many principles to other holistic therapies including yoga.
I initially learnt about Reiki whilst I was living in India. I was on a personal journey of discovery and was learning about raising energy in our bodies and energy systems called Chakras.
During discussions around meditation, Reiki came up and the curious in me went along to find out more. I was hooked and ended up qualifying in Level 1 and Level 2 in Reiki with the person who had introduced me to this holistic therapy in the first instance.
Reiki allows me to be attuned to and in-tune with the universe. Reiki healers help people to get into a deep state of relaxation and healing.
Here are the 10 great things I love about Reiki:
1. Reiki treatments can help the body emotionally or spiritually and it is a tradition that is open to any belief system. Reiki can also be infused into products and I actually infuse Reiki into the products I make. When I am making jewellery (from crystal bracelets to bespoke rings), every one of my pieces made is infused and cleansed with Reiki . The vegan soaps are also infused with Reiki- good energy and good vibrations.
I also often use Reiki to cleanse my crystals because it is about channelling and improving the flow of universal energy in and around us all (even science has proven that everything is energy in its most simplest form).
2. Reiki is suitable for anyone who has an open mind. As a spiritual healing practice, Reiki is built on the belief that when the universal energy within us and around us is balanced, it can strengthen one’s wellbeing. Reiki can help people feel deeply relaxed, help people cope with difficult situations and relieve emotional stress and tension.
3. Consistent Reiki treatments can make improvements in a number of areas including breathing, boosts in the immune system and managing pain and discomfort. Reiki can also support self control which is an aspect which is common across a lot of holistic therapies.
4. All five Reiki principles use “ Just for Today” which helps to it re-iterate the message around living in the present moment. Reiki helps to increase vibrations and starts entering the realms of laws of attraction- e.g light attracts light and when we work and live by these principles, we are raising consciousness which in turn helps the flow of energy to all and helps to uplift and relax.
5. Principally, there are three levels of Reiki- Level 1 teaches about the basics of Reiki, including the history of Reiki, the placement of hands on you and others, the practice of self-Reiki and how to use Reiki. Level 2 is about opening up the energy channels and how to use Reiki symbols which are associated with different frequencies. Level 3 is where the student learns how to give attunements and how to teach reiki – so they are able to demonstrate how and have the ability to pass on Reiki to others.
6. Reiki can be performed in person or virtually (distance Reiki Healing). Reiki symbols are used, and there is an energy connection between the client and the practitioner. There are different ways of giving Reiki healing- one size does not fit all.
7. Reiki works on all four levels of our being – this healing energy can impact you on a spiritual, emotional, mental and physical level. On a spiritual level, Reiki can help you to love and accept yourself. On an emotional level, Reiki can help you get in touch with the depths of your emotions. On a mental level, Reiki energy can help you to witness your thoughts and become aware of certain patterns within your thoughts. On a physical level, Reiki supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself, helping to release blockages, toxins, and relieve pain.
8. Reiki does not discriminate- it improves the flow of energy, enabling healing and aids relaxation to take place in the body. Reiki is about balance and harmony. Find out more by watching “How Does Reiki work” video.
9. Reiki helps to balance our energy centres (Chakras). There are seven main chakras which are located in different parts of the body. They start from the root (base of spine) to the crown. The bottom three are related to our material world and how we feel physically about our connection to the world. The top three are related to our spirituality- our connection to the divine, the divinity within yourself and your intuition. The middle one (the heart Chakra) is the gateway between the Chakras located in the lower half of the body – the material world and the Chakras that are in the upper part of the body and relate to the spiritual aspects of a person. My business name Jade Lotus, logo and colours are all focussed around the heart Chakra, as this is the Chakra to which resonates with my being. Jade is the crystal related to this Chakra and the 12 leaves of th Lotus logo also symbolise the Heart Chakra. The colour green is also connected to the Heart Chakra and this colour also reminds me of nature. You can find out more about the seven main Chakras by watching the “Introduction to Chakras” video.
10. As Reiki involves using hands to transfer restoring life energies into the body: healing it physically and mentally; anyone from children, older generations, animals and even plants can all benefit from Reiki.
I offer Holistic Reiki sessions in Dewsbury (Yorkshire) and surrounding areas in the UK. Feel free to contact me to arrange a free consultation to see if reiki would be beneficial for you.
*These views and opinions are my own. If you or any other person has a medical concern, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that have read on this blog or in any linked materials.